5 Steps to Reverse Autoimmune Symptoms:
Over the past six years, I've been asked a lot about how I reversed my autoimmune disorder. I wish it was a quick, simple answer. You can't Door Dash or Prime a quick fix to your health issues.
1. View any illness as an opportunity to get curious about not only your physical health but your mental and emotional health too. My 14 years of teaching pilates has shown me that nothing in the body operates in isolation. Take inventory of your work, friendships, and relationships to see what's working and what isn't. Our emotional health has influence over our physical health.
2. Start by finding a doctor or naturopath that wants to work with you to get to the root cause of your symptoms. Trust your instinct and if you feel your symptoms are being dismissed or you're not being heard then find someone else. If you're being offered prescriptions to mask symptoms I encourage you to move on. If there's eye-rolling and sighing (yes, I experienced a ton of this) then definitely move on.
3. Once you find a doctor it's really important to do a lot of testing and blood work to drill down on what's happening. I know we all love to go to Dr. Google for answers but nothing can replace labwork.
4. Food was the biggest game-changer for me. I started by removing gluten, dairy, and grains. I gave up being vegan and after 25 years of not eating any meat, chicken or fish I added back fish. Hands down food has made the biggest change in my health.
5. Consistency is key. Eating real food is one of the most powerful things you can do for your health. I have consistently taken collagen for six years. It's made a huge difference in my hair, skin, and nails.
You can have great health and great hair, skin, and nails. But, consistency is the key.
Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.