Happy Valentine's Day! These delicious lava cakes are the perfect dessert to make for the ones you love. Chef Michaela has used better for you ingredients so you can indulge without feeling guilty. Better yet, the collagen supports you in maintaining healthy hair, skin and joints. Enjoy!
4 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
2 tbsp blanched almond flour
4 oz unsalted butter
3 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (monk fruit, sugar, or coconut sugar)
1/4 c (2 scoops) Elaine Wellness Collagen
1/8 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Grease 4 ramekins with cooking spray or butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler and stir to combine
- In another bowl beat your eggs well
- Very slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously! Going to fast with the chocolate or not whisking fast enough can lead to scrambled eggs in your lava cakes!
- Next add the almond flour, collagen, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into 4 ramekins and bake 9 minutes until the top is set but center is still jiggly. Do not over-bake!
- Enjoy in the ramekins or flip over onto plates and serve with your favorite ice cream and berries!
Recipe by: Michaela Clauss