Is there anything better than a classic chocolate chip cookie updated with better for you ingredients and collagen?
1/3 cup creamy almond butter or cashew butter
1/3 cup coconut oil melted or avocado oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar of choice
1 egg at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
3 scoops Elaine Wellness Collagen
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the nut butter, then the coconut oil, maple sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In the same bowl, add the almond and tapioca flours, collagen, baking soda and salt. Stir until a cookie dough forms, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, place 2” apart on the parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies will spread, so make sure they have space. You’ll make 16-18 cookies total, so you’ll need 2-3 separate batches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until just beginning to turn light brown around the edges. Do not over bake.
- Remove and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool. Cookies should be stored in a container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Michaela Clauss