Our chef/nutritionist Michaela brings us this perfect soup to keep you cozy and nourished all winter long.
- 1 - 2 pound butternut squash, cut in half length-wise, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Salt & pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder (optional but delicious !)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups broth of choice
- 1 13.5-oz can coconut milk
- 6 stick packs or 12 tbsps Elaine Wellness Collagen
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash halves open side up onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with a tablespoon of avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Flip over, face down.
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven for about 40-55 minutes, until a knife goes in easily.
- When the squash is about 30 minutes into roasting, heat the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, curry powder(optional), cinnamon, nutmeg and thyme. Saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is done.
- Scoop the squash out of the shells into the soup. Add the collagen. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth or transfer to the blender in batches and blend until smooth!
Recipe by: Michaela Clauss