September 08, 2022
Chocolate covered collagen vanilla bites
I'm obsessed with chocolate covered coconut milk bites. Michaela worked her magic to crack the code on the recipe. These are the perfect treat for the last hot days of the summer! Enjoy!
Coconut Milk Bites:
2 cans coconut milk or cream, placed in the fridge for at least 12 hours
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
4 scoops Elaine Wellness Collagen
2 cups chocolate chips
5 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl scoop out the solidified coconut cream from the cans. Leave any liquid milk behind and reserve for another use.
- Using an electric whisk or mixer (a blender will not work) whip the coconut cream until it resembles whipped cream.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, and collagen and whip until just incorporated.
- Pour into an ice cube tray or desires mold and freeze until solid. At least 12 hours.
- Using a double boiler ( a glass bowl set over the top of a small pot with 1.5” water will work!) over medium low heat, add the chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and allow to melt and mix until completely combined. Allow to cool until it is cool enough to touch but still pourable.
- In a dish or tray that will fit in your freezer, line with parchment paper.
- Remove the ice cream bites from the tray/mold and place on the parchment about 1/4” apart.
- Pour the chocolate evenly over the ice cream bites until covered with desired amount. Freeze immediately until chocolate has hardened.
- Gently break apart or use a knife to separate. Place into an air tight container to store in freezer.
- For ideal consistency, remove desired amount ice cream bites from the freezer about 10 minutes before enjoyment so they are easy to bite into!
Recipe by: Michaela Clauss